This release fixes more issues introduced since the 3.0.5 release.
- We reverted revision r10079 which enabled notifications and bookmarks being automatically copied over to splits of topics. We want to discuss this behaviour further, because currently there is no way to influence this setting for users and admins alike. Because this is a new feature in 3.0.6 we decided to not release it at this moment.
- We fixed the ReCaptcha plugin to support RTL
- Fixed the Q&A Captcha to not print out notices if the admin chose to remove all questions
- Fixed the ACP update page to print a failure message if phpbb.com is not reachable for the version check
- Fixed regression from r9678 (add_log() statements for removing posts/topics)
- updated acp forums copy style to look like the rest of the ACP
- Disabled copy forum permissions screen in forums creation/update workflow (we will revisit this one later)
- Fixed the "switch permissions" link
- Fixed ACP issues with long content by reverting revisions r10176 and r9647
- Changed language/en/email/pm_report_deleted.txt to change the reference to "post" to "private message"
- Changed notification about possibility to post private messages in UCP; this involves style changes. Style authors please look at the RC2 to RC3 code changes package if you already updated your styles to RC2.
- Updated the Custom Profile Fields option "view on viewtopic" based on previous settings in database updater
- Fixed wrong bbcode uid assigned if error triggered in quote/forward PM
- Fixed default group assignment if removing from default group and user was in newly registered group
- correctly execute database update step for RC releases where admins forgot to enable the PHPBB_QA constant. We now detect if the version the admin wants to update to is greater than the current version even if phpbb.com says the current version is lower than the update version.
The way things are going I would be willing to bet on this being the final RC before 3.0.6 is released. It would be a very good time for everyone to begin testing the 3.0.6-RC3 build on their local systems and as a separate install on their main websites. Find any further bugs before 3.0.6 is released or you may be waiting a while to get it fixed.
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1817515
Updates to a number of modifications I have written are already prepared and ready for release. The updates will be published the same day that 3.0.6 is released. After updating to 3.0.6 it is recommended that you update any modifications installed as well, as the number of changes made in 3.0.6 breaks a lot of different things and you may have errors from those modifications until you update them.
For users who have the Soft Delete modification installed:
Unfortunately some changes made in 3.0.6 will cause severe issues with this modification. Handling the update to 3.0.6 may also be troublesome as one of the lines that was edited is changed completely. You may find it easier to uninstall the Soft Delete modification from the viewtopic.php file before running the update to 3.0.6, then reinstalling the newest version on viewtopic.php after the update to 3.0.6 is made.